Video instructions on how to remove your whole site from the index with one removal request.
(click to view full screen)
Points to note
- Requesting site removal will remove all the indexed urls, images and non-html content like pdfs and word docs.
- You must have a robots.txt in the root / of your site with a full disallow directive as shown in the video.
- Removing a site and then reincluding it is not a way to get ‘fresh indexing’. When you reinclude your content you willl get back what you removed.
- A site removal will last for a minimum of 90 days. If your content is gone after that then it will not be reindexed.
- www and non www versions are considered the same and so you do not have to request removal for both.